If you have been directed to this page, or if you are aware of an area code change and wish to check if it applies to your TracFone, please follow the instructions below.
- Please have your TRACFONE with you during the update process.
- Charge the battery of your TRACFONE or plug it into the battery charger included with your phone.
You will need to have your TRACFONE Serial Number (ESN, IMEI, or MEID). To obtain the serial number simply:
- Smartphone: Dial *#06#. If the number displays with a symbol (like a slash / or dash - ) do not include any numbers to the right of the symbol.
- Android: Settings > About Phone > Status. (On some phones, select IMEI information from the Status menu.)
- iPhone: Settings > General > About
- Basic or Feature phone: Menu > Prepaid > Serial Number
- Remove the back cover and look for the IMEI, MEID, or Serial Number (ESN). For some phones it is located under the battery.
- GSM Bring-Your-Own-Phone: If your phone is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile or Claro, do not use the IMEI, MEID or Serial Number/ESN. Instead, use the last 15 digits of your SIM number.
- CDMA Bring-Your-Own-Phone: If your phone is compatible with Verizon or Sprint:
- For LTE phones, enter the IMEI
- For non-LTE phones, enter the MEID DEC
You will also need to provide the ZIP Code of the area where you will be using your TRACFONE the most.
- You will also need to provide the ZIP Code of the area where you will be using your TRACFONE the most.